Saturday, January 12, 2013

Peruvian inspired Corn Pancake with Guacamole and Chili Chocolate


A Peruvian inspired Corn Pancake with Guacamole and Chili Chocolate - it's oh so yummy, so healthy and a lovely quick treat to spoil yourself with or to impress your friends when you have them over.



Instructions:
1. Mash one avocado, mix with lime, garlic, chopped chili and tomatoes. Add salt to taste.
2. Beat eggs, add corn, cheese and pancake mix. Mix well.
3. Heat a frying pan with oil and butter before cooking each pancake. The recipe makes 2 small pancakes.
4. Cook pancakes until they are brown and crisp. Sprinkle salt at the end..
5. Place the pancakes on a plate, add the guacamole and sprinkle with shaved chili chocolate.


Note - I used Betty Crocker pancake mix, frozen corn kernels and Green & Black chili chocolate.

The flavours of this pancake go really well. After coming back from Peru - see Amazing Peru - Go Back in Time to the Magic of the Incas, I really wanted a taste of good fresh healthy food. The corn pancake reminded me of a Thai corn cake which I used to love. In Peru, they seem to have alot of corn, chili and guacamole. You could also add potato to the pancake for some added texture and crunch. In Ecuador, I tried chili chocolate and loved it. Marrying chili chocolate with guacamole and a corn pancake seemed liked the perfect treat and I just had to record and share it. 

A special mention - Casa Peru in Amsterdam has cancha! They order it specially and it took me back to the amazing texture and taste that I fell in love with in Peru. I have struggled to find white corn in London and settle for corn nuts, but it just isn't the same. So a big big thank you to Casa Peru for making brilliant ceviche with cancha. The desert was awesome too.

For more information on Casa Peru in Amsterdam - visit their website here.

Well, it's back to my corn pancakes. Till next time, happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment